The SfRBM Mentorship Program is organized and facilitated by the Professional Development Committee
The Professional Development Committee is dedicated to helping young scientists advance their career and have more opportunities not only the industry but SfRBM, as well. Towards that, they have developed a mentoring program which matches young scientists with a mentor who is already established. The 2021 Mentorship Program will be begin on August 1 and will conclude on December 31. This program is open to ALL SfRBM members!
Benefits to Being a Mentor:
- Exposure to new ideas and perspectives
- Enhancement of leadership and coaching skills
- Develop and retain talent within the Society
- Creating a legacy
Benefits to Being a Mentee:
- Real world insight
- Exposure to new ideas, perspectives, learning experience and resources
- Networking opportunities
- Receive assistance with long-term career planning and direction
Things to Know:
- Mentees must currently be a member in good standing of SfRBM
- Mentees will read through the Mentor Profiles and fill out the Mentee Application, where they will identify their top choices for a Mentor. If deemed a good fit, SfRBM Staff will contact you with matches, and Mentor/Mentee will arrange their first meeting. Mentors and Mentees will establish when and how often to meet. Mentee Application deadline is July 19, 2021.
- Those interested in being a mentor can fill out the Mentor Application, and upon review will be added to the Mentor Profiles list.
- If interested in being a Mentee, please click here to view the Mentor Profiles.
Mentorship Program Guidelines
Click here to see the Mentorship Program Guidelines that will assist you with your engagement with your mentor/mentee.