University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
Type: Research Associate
Primary Research Area: Antioxidants and Novel Therapeutics
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Salary Range: $70,001 - $80,000
Submit CV, Resume or Application By: September 30, 2021
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join the staff at The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (OUHSC) and become a part of Oklahoma's premier research university. The OUHSC campus in Oklahoma City has an opening for a full-time Staff Scientist working on a collaborative project between the laboratories of Drs. Faizah Bhatti and Peter Vitiello. Drs. Bhatti’s & Vitiello are in the section of Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine (Department of Pediatrics) and their laboratories are adjacent to one another in the Center for Pregnancy & Newborn Research, a multidisciplinary network of basic & clinical researchers investigating pre-, peri-, and post-natal influences on health & disease outcomes across the lifespan. The candidate will contribute to projects investigating antioxidant pathways regulating retinal vascularization during postnatal development and retinopathy of prematurity. The candidate will utilize cell & molecular approaches in rodent models (i.e. transgenic mouse management & manipulation, retinal physiology & pathology, protein biochemistry & signaling, etc.) to generate and analyze data while following safety & laboratory policies, as well as perform other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as needed.
Requirements: Ph.D. in a biological science-related field or M.D. and 36 months fellowship research experience.
• Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Highly organized and meticulous to ensure accuracy of data collection and recording.
• Mastery of genetic, biochemical, molecular, and/or cellular concepts and techniques applied using mammalian cell culture or animal models of human disease.
• Strong experience with transgenic technologies in either cultured cells and/or rodents.
• Mastery of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Adobe (Illustrator, Photoshop), and statistical programs (e.g., GraphPad Prism).
• Publication and collaborative record indicative of a team-science approach and oversight of personnel.
Salary: Up to $72,500 annually based on experience
How do you apply for this position? It's EASY!!!
All applications are online at https://jobs.ou.edu/ (then apply for job listing/requisition # 211976)
OUHSC offers a comprehensive package to full-time staff employees:
11 PAID HOLIDAYS per year
18 hours PAID LEAVE per month to full-time staff
Employee Discount Program (dozens of businesses participate across the OKC/Norman area)
The University of Oklahoma is an Equal Opportunity Institution. Protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
800 Research Parkway; office 462
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104