University of Kentucky-Lexington
Primary Research Area: Cancer
Location: Lexington, Kentucky, United States
Salary Range: $40,001 - $50,000
Submit CV, Resume or Application By: May 31, 2018
The lab of Dr. Daret St. Clair in the Department of Toxicology & Cancer Biology is searching for Postdoctoral Scholar who can function independently, with minimum input from the PI. The Postdoctoral Scholar will work on at least two projects: 1) ROS-induced cognitive and cardiac dysfunction and 2) Role of ROS in radiation resistant cancer development. The candidate will design, organize and conduct highly specialized and advanced experiments using established scientific protocols and procedures and in some cases design new protocols; summarize research results or presentations and grant applications, and write manuscripts for publication.
1) Perform and collect data from in vitro as well as in vivo experiments.
2) Maintain an organized and a complete lab notebook and computer database of research data.
3) Use word processing, graphic design, and statistical analysis software to summarize the data for presentations at UK and research conferences and publications in research journals.
4) Attend laboratory meetings and departmental research seminars.
5) Operate specialized scientific equipment.
6) Train students and other lab members as needed.
7) Troubleshoot experimental results.
8) Analyze and summarize data for grant application and publication