Local Undergraduate Attendance
JOIN OVER 650 SCIENTISTS FROM AROUND THE GLOBE!
SFRBM/SFRRI 2016 is the premier venue for cutting edge research in all aspects of redox biology, featuring the latest technologies and applications in basic and translational research.
The SFRBM Outreach Committee is inviting you to attend as a participant on Thursday, November 17, 2016.
- $20 for the day - OR -
- $30 which includes SFRBM student membership until December 31, 2017.
Click HERE for the registration form.
REGISTRATION FOR THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 17 INCLUDES ATTENDANCE TO:
- Access to all scientific programming
- Opportunity to present a poster presentation
- Lunch with SFRBM senior and junior investigators
- Network with over 650 attendees from around the world
FEATURED SESSIONS ON THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 17:
SUNRISE FREE RADICAL SCHOOL: BACK TO THE BASICS
- Approaches for Evaluation of H2O2 Mediated Protein Oxidation and Thiol-Disulfide Exchange Reactions
- Hydrogen Peroxide as a Signaling Molecule
PLENARY SESSION 1:
Pivotal Role of H2O2 in Redox Regulation of Signaling and Transcription
- Sites of Mitochondrial Hydrogen Peroxide Generation
- The Mechanisms of Mitochondrial ROS Production and Their Role in Redox Signaling
- Hydrogen Peroxide Release from Mitochondria in Regulating Metabolic Functions
- Thioredoxin Reductase 1 (TrxR1) Links Cellular Signaling Pathways Controlling Cellular Phenotype to H2O2 Modulation, Nitrosylation, and Persulfidation Pathways
PLENARY SESSION 2:
Dual Role of Oxidants Generated by Leukocyte Enzymes in Health and Disease
- Positives and Negatives of Oxidant Formation by Neutrophils
- Neutrophil Extracellular Traps
- Inflammation, Oxidation and Lung Damage
- Myeloperoxidase and Cardiovascular Disease
POSTER SUBMISSION & SELECTION PROCESS
Based on the number of poster submissions, members of the SFRBM Outreach Committee will select up to the top 5 poster presentations on Thursday, November 17 from 4:15 pm - 6:45 pm. The poster presentations will be in conjunction with the SFRBM senior and junior investigator poster presentations that afternoon.
- All poster submissions should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submitted posters will be subject to a double blind review process by members of the SFRBM Outreach Committee
- Decisions on poster acceptance for a poster presentation for SFRBM/SFRRI 2016 will be emailed during the week of November 1, 2016.
- Up to 5 abstracts will be accepted for a poster presentation on Thursday, November 17.
Abstracts must be forwarded in word format/file and be approximately 1900 characters.
If you have any questions regarding SFRBM/SFRRI 2016 registration, abstract submission, and general questions, please contact SFRBM at email@example.com or via phone at (317) 205-9482.